ブログ アーカイブ

2010年3月7日日曜日

It's been a little while but I have gotten kinda busy with graduation coming up. I want to catch up on everything but I have told myself I only have 15 minutes to write this sooo...

Lately I have been putting in extra hours at school to help with a slideshow that basically two girls are putting together (they were supposed to be on a team, but...) It can last until about six p.m. every night but we are getting through it and I think in the end it will look good. My first year a teacher did something like this and it turned out really well. Let's hope I learned some things from him.

Last week I went to Yokohama for three days for the JET returners conference 2010!!! Wahoo! Actually there was some good information there. It was kinda difficult to see all of these really successful people and be like "Uhhhh, okay, so what am I doing wrong? You guys were all CIR's in like 2 years and I have barely taught in my 3 years as an ALT." Anyway I got some info on some jobs that might be interesting if they are still around in the summer. I also got to hook up with a friend of mine who now works in Tokyo for a video game company, and we went out on the town for his birthday. All in all a good time.

Today I came back from Osaka after a "学年旅行" or a "School Year Trip." Not with any of the students but just teachers! I love Japan in that we can all go on a trip together, drink, have fun and there is never a problem. Nobody every gets super offended, nobody is every "Your drinking too much!" It is just a smooth relaxing process to hang out with Japanese people. I have to say that like Chapelle and his weed, I might start drifting towards only drinking with Japanese people, and a few select "whities."

Two notable things. We watched "Avatar." For me it was actually my second time but I was not about ready to tell them that as I knew it would mean a complete re-write of the plans for the day. The first time I saw it it was in English with Japanese subs so of course I understood it. This time it was with Japanese dubbing so I had to fake that I didn't know the story so everybody thought I was great for understanding it. I told them that it isn't a very complicated story, but still they were impressed. GO LIEING!!! Actually I liked it better this time in Japanese. Maybe it was cuz I knew what was coming etc., but for some reason the main characters lack of growth WHATSOEVER didn't bother me as much. I remember watching it in English and was like "Isn't this guy going against the whole message of the movie?" Like he starts off kinda gentle really, and get more savage and war like as the movie goes on. I mean I don't think people should lay down and get mowed over but the whole part where is like a coach before a game trying to rally everybody made me roll my eyes. Again, better with Japanese dubbing.

We also of course did Karaoke, and I was introduced to a brand new favorite Japanese song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17mClxIvwnI

I don't know what it is but the lyrics are great, and that harmonica just does it for me. Sign me up!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿