ブログ アーカイブ

2010年2月21日日曜日

Another night another 万

Went out last night for the first time in a while. Me and some buddies caught the Biwako line to Hikone for a night of drinking and foods. I have really really been trying to cut down on how much I drink lately as I am not 22 anymore and I have hit that "old man" mentality that I will die tomorrow if I don't cut the shit.

We started out with a beer on the train (Drink #1). This was a 500ml cheapo beer from the スパー. I kind of have mixed feelings about drinking on the train. I go out of my way to try and not be the stereotypical foreigner, and drinking on the train definitely screams "I don't know the societal rules!" But maybe falling out of line every now and then is okay.

Our first stop was Bar Thistle. It was my first time there but it was very nice. I was told it was an Irish style bar, which could be considered true if it is through the eyes of a Japanese. We were lucky to be there during their 5th year anniversary sale so lots of things (including the fish and chips we came there for) were only ¥500! Wahoo! Had a Kirin Super Duper Pure God Premium (Drink #3) and a Guinness (Drink #4).

From there we mosied on over to Yabs Sports Bar. It has been a while since I have been here, but my first year on JET Yabs was almost a weekly stop for me and my buddies. They were showing Olympic Curling, which I thought was funny. It wasn't live so I wondered why they would re-broadcast it. Then I noticed that Japan was winning and that was probably the reason why. I figure whatever, USA, Canada, China would all do the same things. I discovered how little I know about Curling. The scoring seemed all jacked up till I realized they were editing the broadcast. Who knew! Anyway shot of Jager (5), three 生中's (6, 7, 8), Jager (9), and Jager (10).

We caught a cab back to the station where we traveled our why back home. I am sure we were at the point where we could have called it a night, but we decided to head out to Sai. We know the owner of Sai so it is always a good time to go. It was pretty busy but we got a seat right away. After a few drink the owner said some Japanese friends of him wanted to learn English. "WHAT! An opportunity to teach drunk? Sign me up!" So two more 生中's and two shots of SoCo (11, 12, 13, 14), and that was it for me.

Me and my buddy sledged our way back to our apartment where he watched me play Mass Effect with my horribly ugly character that I created (he's gross). I ended up waking up this morning with a huge huge headache, and decided I should stay in bed till 1pm.

Alcohol 1
Me 0

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿