ブログ アーカイブ

2010年3月16日火曜日

Graduation and other interesting things...

Last Saturday was my schools graduation. This was my 3rd and last graduation ceremony that I will every attend at this school. It was sad to know that the kids who were just little genki first years when I first arrived here are not big genki 3rd years and are going onto High School next year. I think Jr. High School graduation here is such a different thing. Back where I come from in the states everybody goes to High School unless they have real problems or they decide to drop out, but no tests, no picking schools, no deciding a path. Just "What's the closest school? Where is my bus stop?"

Later that night we all went out and of course got wasted. It probably didn't help that it was all you can drink. I talked with the teacher who I set next to for about 2 hours which was crazy because as nice as she is she is busy and I got pretty busy too so it was nice to get to know her better.

I had spent lots and lots of time at school helping 2 girls make a slideshow that we showed at the students going away party, as well as after the graduation ceremony to the parents. The latest night I was at school till 9pm waiting for the thing to render. Felt bad as all the other teachers waited there too to watch it.

The ceremony itself was on Saturday so we got the following Monday off but it still made the week feel extra long. This week and next week are 4 day weeks so that is pretty cool.

Today is all of our first days back and the other students I don't think learned anything. Today during one of my first year classes one of our "special" girls (ie a devil) held up a plastic wrapper and kept asking everybody if they wanted to eat it. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out she was holding a condom. She asked me if I knew what it was and in my normal, your attempts to fool me have failed, I just simple walked off.

Another day another condom.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿