ブログ アーカイブ

2010年9月23日木曜日

Flying on planes

Off the top of my head I am not sure how many times now I have flown from the US or Canada to Japan but it is enough that I have the process down pretty well. I don’t think I have ever flown the same airline twice in a row, and I don’t carry any sort of loyalty to one company in order to collect points. I figure the money I save just going with the cheapest price will pay for itself much faster than trying to save up air miles.

As much as I can I always request the emergency exit. This is priority number one. I am not rich enough to buy first class tickets but tall enough to feel the economy class seats are like small torture devices. In the emergency exit row however I can stretch out my limbs as if I was a rich business man.

Next I try to get the window seat if I can. I don’t like to look out the window, no the charm of looking out the window and watching day turn to night was lost around trip number five or six. Now my main objective is to obtain some sleep. I never ever sleep before a trans pacific flight and with the time difference by the time I finally get to where I am going I might have had 3 hours of sleep in 48 hours. So a nice firm window seat for me to snuggle up against is always nice.

This two things are not always easy to obtain. However on this particular flight (JAL) I got both. Well actually I am in the middle of three seats but the seat next to me nearest the window is actually a bonus seat as nobody is supposed to sit there. So I can lean up against, and place my belongings all over this seat at my pleasure! If I could be guaranteed this every flight I would stick with that company for sure.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿